A dispatcher and CDL bus driver is needed for the current 2018-2019 school year. We have a family environment and treat our staff with respect. This is a part-time position.
Liberty Traditional Charter School is located at 4027 N. 45th Ave., in Phoenix. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school and our beautiful campus. Our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated employee to join us in our dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
The hours for this position would be 6-9 a.m. and 2-5 p.m. each school day. Duties would include dispatch, answering phone calls from parents, and some data entry, such as processing change-of-address forms. The position would also include being a back-up bus driver for kindergarten through eighth-grade students when needed and requires a CDL license with an S endorsement.
This individual must have a friendly, professional, and energetic personality with excellent communication skills; bilingual applicants preferred.
We do pre-employment criminal background checks, fingerprint clearance card required, employment verification, and reference checks. La Paloma Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bus dispatch, scheduling buses and drivers
- Answers phone calls from parents
- Data entry into routing system, processes change-of-address forms
- Back-up bus driver, transports children safely and timely daily to and from school
- Cleans the interior of bus to include washing windows, picking up trash, dusting, and sweeping floors
- Fills bus with fuel as needed
- Performs other duties similar to the nature and level of the position
MUST POSSESS KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Federal, state, county, and municipal traffic laws; safety procedures and guidelines; vehicle and vehicle systems such as lights and brakes; first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
AS A BACK-UP DRIVER, MUST BE SKILLED IN:
- Driving school bus and using bus equipment, applying first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques, reading maps, monitoring and disciplining children, providing and maintaining a safe atmosphere on bus, inspecting bus to ascertain problems and maintain safety, performing emergency evacuations
MUST ALSO BE SKILLED IN:
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Commercial driver’s license with passenger and school bus endorsement
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- First aid certification
- Level 1 IVP fingerprint clearance card
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crouching, reaching, pulling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions
- Incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, fumes, odors, extreme temperatures, intense noises, and travel
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
If you would like to apply for a position at Liberty Traditional, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.