A bus driver is needed for the current 2020-2021 school year. We have a family environment and treat our staff with respect. This is a part-time position.
Liberty Traditional Charter School is located at 4027 N. 45th Ave., in Phoenix. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school and our beautiful campus. Our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated bus driver to join us in our dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
This position provides transportation services to our kindergarten through eighth grade students. Must have a CDL Class B, air brakes with passenger endorsement and S endorsement.
This individual must have a friendly, professional, and energetic personality and have a passion for the timely and safe arrival and departure of La Paloma students. The successful candidate for this position must be 21 years of age and have ability to drive the facility bus or other vehicles, meeting all federal, state, and city driving regulations and requirements.
We do pre-employment criminal background checks, fingerprint clearance card required, employment verification, and reference checks. La Paloma Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position pays a wage of $15.00/hour.
- Transports children safely and timely daily to and from school.
- Monitors children and administers discipline for minor problems; prepares appropriate paperwork to report serious discipline concerns to the Administration.
- Contact parents concerning route, time changes and minor discipline issues that do not require school intervention.
- Inspects buses including both pre-and post-trip; ensures that safety guidelines are followed; ascertains readiness of mechanical and electrical items and notes any damages.
- Cleans the interior of bus to include washing windows, picking up trash, dusting, and sweeping floors. (Exterior to be washed once every two weeks).
- Fills out required daily forms including time sheets, information sheets, mileage reports, vehicle discrepancy reports, incident reports, seating charts, and route sheets.
- Fills bus with fuel as needed.
- Participates in Bus evacuation drills and CPR/ First aid training.
- Performs and supervises bus evacuations.
- Performs other duties similar to the nature and level of the position.
MUST POSSESS KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Federal, state, county, and municipal traffic laws; Safety procedures and guidelines; vehicle and vehicle systems such as lights and brakes; First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
MUST BE SKILLED IN:
- Driving school bus and using bus equipment such as brake sticks, wheelchair lifts and tie-downs, two-way radios, fuel pumps, and tire checkers; using light maintenance and cleaning equipment and tools; applying First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques; reading maps; monitoring and disciplining children; providing and maintaining a safe atmosphere on bus; inspecting bus to ascertain problems and maintain safety; performing emergency evacuations; communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Level 1 IVP fingerprint clearance card
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crouching, reaching, pulling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, fumes, odors, extreme temperatures, intense noises, and travel.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
If you would like to apply for a position at Liberty Traditional, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.